Since our beginning on September 7, 1941, the Princeton Church of God has been defined by its burning desire to share the love of Christ, and the power of His Spirit. It is not just a church for Princeton, but a church for communities that reach from Raleigh to Goldsboro. Some 60 years later, God continues to open doors for this church to make an unprecedented impact, not only on this town, but also throughout the largest county in North Carolina.
The Princeton Church had very humble beginning on a small plot of land on Holt’s Pond Road in September of 1941, under its first pastor T.B. Whitehurst. The church made its first building expansion under the pastorate of Clyde Jones in 1950, and in May of 1975, Pastor C.S. Grogan led the church to its present location on Highway 70. As the church continued to experience rapid growth under the leadership of Pastor LaVon Phillips, the present sanctuary was completed in 1996.
Our church is presently located at 6085 US Highway 70 East in Princeton, NC, about 30 miles east of Raleigh, NC. We are blessed with a full ministry staff that is working passionately to disciple people for the glory of God so that the work of Christ may be evident in us.
We believe that if the church is to function as the New Testament body of believers, we must be defined by the New Testament term “koinonia”. This term is most commonly translated as “Fellowship”, but has a much deeper meaning. It is the church that is described in the “Romans 12 Community” of believers. It carries with it the idea of being yoked together as described in Acts 2 and 1 Corinthians 8.
When Jesus was asked in Mark 12 what the greatest of commandments was, His reply was simple. He said, “Love God – Love People!” This is the mission of Princeton Church, to Love God with all of our hearts and love the people in our community. Would you consider being a part of this great movement at Princeton Church? Would you pray about being a part of the Princeton Church future?